Now try the same concept as presented in the module with real-time data . Go to the Lead Portal by clicking here .
- Create an account: Step 1
- Log in: Step 2
- Once you have logged in , you should see a page similar to the one below
- Take a tutorial on the experiment builder(#3) as well as the geographic data search(#4) in order to know how to request real time data from the Lead Portal.
- Once you have completed
the tutorials, we now can access the data and visualize it in IDV
according to the parameters in the Skew-T module.
- In IDV,
go to dashboard. Shown Below.
- Go to the 3D grid heading
under the fields section, under that click Derived, then
click “Sounding Data.” (#5)
- In the display section,
click Grid Skew-T. (#6)
- In the time section
keep it as default or select the times you want to view.
- Finally, click the button create display. (#7)
- Do the same
procedure for the amount of soundings you want.
- Once the buddle loads you
should get an image similar to below
- To see a sounding in a particular
- Left click and hold
on blue box and move the box to where you want the sounding. (#8)
- Now click on the sounding in the right-hand
- Shown below is the Skew-T.
- All the variables in the Skew-T can be viewed now.
- You can compare soundings at different points of time to see how the conditions evolves.
- Use the VCR controls to go back and forth through time. (#10)
- Now you should have all the
parameters similar to the one in this module.
- You are able to now go through the worksheet with real-time data.